Wanda’s favorite time of year is here! Austin has sprung into spring and Wanda couldn’t be happier. The sun is beaming and it is time to head outdoors! There are so many fun & unique events happening in Austin this season. Wanda shares her top must do springtime activities:
- Pictures in the Bluebonnets – Hands down, the number one must do springtime activity. Central Texas is home to some of the most glorious bluebonnet fields and scenic bluebonnet roads. Click here for a current list of scenic bluebonnet sightings.
- SXSW – This international showcase of music, interactive and film takes place every March in Austin; dates March 11-20th . Whether you purchased your credentials for access to all events or you signed up for a free guest pass – SXSW never disappoints. It is one of the best times of year to take a stroll downtown and see where the evening takes you!
- Rodeo Austin – Rodeo events, concerts, BBQ cook off, games & rides – y’all! Nothing says TEXAS more than the rodeo and Austin. Dates: March 12 – 26 th . This annual event just gets better every year. Grab your boots and head on down!
- Eeyore’s Birthday Party – This day-long festival has taken place annually in Austin, Texas since 1963. Original Austin hippie culture seamlessly mixes alongside Austin hipster culture for this extravaganza named in honor of Eeyore – the character from the Winnie-the- Pooh stories. Everyone is invited to wear a costume, dance around the Maypole and help raise money for local non-profit groups. Date: April 30th; children events until 4 pm.
- Strawberry Picking at Sweet Berry Farms – Opening day came early this year and strawberry picking is now underway! Head to Marble Falls and make some sweet memories this spring – the farm is open to the public through May. Learn more about this delicious Central Texas tradition here.