The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why this Fredericksburg Walking Tour is a can’t miss:
- Small group experience with public & private options for ya
- 3 – 4 food samplings along the way
- Wine tasting included
- See all of Fredericksburg’s key attractions: Sunday houses, Marketplatz
- Enjoy engaging tales of the town’s past, from the start of a unique Easter tradition to pioneer fights to scandalous locals
- Free party swag: Twisted Texas sunglasses AND souvenir beer koozie
Timing: 2 hours, available daily. Public tours currently offered only on Saturdays.
Location: Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau (302 E Austin St, Fredericksburg)
Monies: $59 per person
While all Twisted Texas tours are adult-oriented experiences, this tour is open to all ages at a parent’s discretion. Walking Distance: approximately 1 mile.
Never before has a historic pioneer town come to life like this! Your Twisted Texas guide will weave tales of history, mystery, and Texas grit as you wander through Fredericksburg’s historic district.
While everyone can appreciate the town’s German architecture and vast array of shops, our guide will take you deeper, pointing out easily-missed gems hiding in plain sight.
And the best part? We do all of our exploring with a snack in hand. At multiple points along the way, you will taste the best of Texas and the Hill Country’s cuisine. Fredericksburg’s food scene is booming, and we’ll show you some of the tastes of the town aside from the Schnitzel!
Finish your tour off with a glass of wine at one of the town’s off-the-beaten path wineries.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Fredericksburg Walking Tour:
- Tours sell out, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- Downtown Fredericksburg permits open containers, so you are welcome to drink on this tour. We make a stop at the beginning for optional beverage purchases. Note that you cannot carry alcoholic beverages (open or closed) into establishments.
- We cover approximately 1 mile of walking, with plenty of stops along the route.
- If we don’t have 6 party people on our public tours, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
For public tours, full refunds will be given up to 24 hours before the start of tour.
For private tours, full refunds will be given up to 7 days prior to the tour date. After that time, your tour will be refunded only as reusable travel credits. Tours cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the tour start time will receive no refunds of any kind.
We had so much fun on this tour! We went for a bachelorette party and this was the best way to see Austin and experience multiple different places in one... read more
We saw all the reviews, so decided to give it a try. So glad we did! We got to try new restaurants and were entertained the whole way. Great band,... read more
Other Awesome Options:
Austin Brunch Walk
Making Mornings Better 365 Days a Year
Let’s spend a few hours wandering through South Austin while tasting the area’s best breakfast & lunch specialties.
- Full brunch served up along the way!
- Snag awesome food porn & cityscape pics
- Perfect for birthdays, staycations, & bach parties
2.5 hours | Daily | Public & Private Options
Austin Cocktail Walk
Hidden Secrets + Mixology Masters
Dive into Austin’s dark side on this cocktail crawl with a twist.
- Enjoy 3 delicious craft cocktails
- Discover Austin's history, culture, and scandalous past
- See the city's top attractions by night!
3 hours | Thurs. – Sun. | Public & Private Options
Road Trip: Texas Wine Tasting
Spend a beautiful day in the Texas Hill Country tasting local wines at three excellent wineries.
- Gourmet lunch at a historic country restaurant
- We only work with wineries that use 100% Texas grapes
- Food and wine pairing experiences at one of the wineries
7 hours | 10:30am Daily | Private Tours Only