The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why this Fredericksburg Walking Tour is a can’t miss:
- Small group experience with public & private options for ya
- 3 – 4 food samplings along the way
- Wine tasting included
- See all of Fredericksburg’s key attractions: Sunday houses, Marketplatz, Historic Downtown, and more!
- Entertaining legends and local lore, from the start of an usual Easter tradition to pioneer struggles
- Free swag! Twisted Texas personal hand-sani AND souvenir beer koozie
Timing: 2 hours, available daily. Public tours currently offered only on Saturdays.
Location: Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau (302 E Austin St, Fredericksburg)
Monies: $59 per person
Ages 13+ for public tours, private tours open to all ages at a parent’s discretion.
This is Fredericksburg as you’ve never seen it before. Escape the masses wandering aimlessly from shop to shop and discover the true roots of this pioneer town. Your Twisted Texas guide will weave tales of history, mystery, and Texas grit as you explore Fredericksburg’s historic district on this memorable walking tour.
Our Fredericksburg walking tour is a little bit of this, a little bit of that…we dive into architecture, pioneer strife, foodie influences, and everything in between. A great overview for those visiting town for the first time, or for those who want to experience the Hill Country’s heart with a new twist.
And the best part??? We do all of our exploring with food in hand. Snack on the best of Texas Hill Country cuisine from our German, Mexican, and uniquely Texas roots. Fredericksburg’s food scene is booming, and we’ll show you some of the best off-the-radar treats aside from the Schnitzel! Drinks are allowed on the streets, so you’ll have the option of snagging a boozy beverage along the way for your stroll.
Finish with a well-earned glass of Texas wine at one of the area’s hidden gem wineries.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Fredericksburg Walking Tour:
- Tours sell out, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Downtown Fredericksburg permits open containers, so you are welcome to drink on this tour. We make a stop at the beginning for optional beverage purchases. Note that you cannot carry alcoholic beverages (open or closed) into establishments.
- We cover approximately 1 mile of walking, with plenty of stops along the route.
- For many people, our food “samples” will be a full meal. So you may not need lunch after, and we recommend coming hungry!
- If we don’t have 6 party people on our public tours, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
For public tours, full refunds will be given up to 24 hours before the start of tour.
For private tours, full refunds will be given up to 48 hours prior to the tour date. Tours cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the tour start time are non-refundable.
So much better than I could have anticipated! So well planned and fun. The band (Vagabond) on the bus was incredible, friendly, and talented! They really made our experience the... read more
I never thought a tour of Austin would be so fun and interesting! Amber was a great guide, not only did she speak loud and clear, but she was also... read more
We took the brunch bus for our girls weekend to Austin and had a fantastic time! Tex was our guide and he knew everything about Austin that we could ask.... read more
Other Awesome Options:
The '704 Boozy Brunch Walk
Making Mornings Better 365 Days a Year
Let’s spend a few hours wandering through South Austin while tasting the area’s best breakfast & lunch specialties.
- Full brunch served up along the way!
- Snag awesome food porn & cityscape pics
- Perfect for birthdays, staycations, & bach parties
2.5 hours | Daily | Public & Private Options
Scandalous Austin Cocktail Crawl
Hidden Secrets + Mixology Masters
Dive into Austin’s dark side on this cocktail crawl with a twist.
- Enjoy 3 delicious craft cocktails
- Discover Austin's history, culture, and scandalous past
- See the city's top attractions by night!
3 hours | Thurs. – Sun. | Public & Private Options
Road Trip: Texas Wine Tasting
Spend a beautiful day in the Texas Hill Country tasting local wines at three excellent wineries.
- Gourmet picnic lunch included
- We only work with wineries that use 100% Texas grapes
- Food and wine pairing experiences at one of the wineries
7 hours | 10:30am Daily | Private Tours Only