The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why this Austin Walking Tour is a can’t miss:
- Small group experience with public & private options for ya
- 3 cocktails from our city’s favorite mixologists
- Hear Austin’s fascinating history and twisted past from your entertaining local guide
- See many of Austin’s key attractions after dark: Congress Avenue Bridge, Capitol building, Driskill Hotel, Sixth Street, Red River district, street art, & more!
- Free party swag: Twisted Texas sunglasses AND souvenir beer koozie
Timing: 3 hours, available Thurs – Sun. Public tours currently offered only on Saturdays.
Location: Austin Visitors Center (602 E 4th St)
Monies: $99 per person
All guests must be 21+, no exceptions, no babies. Valid ID required, no refunds given for underage or missing IDs. Walking Distance: approximately 1 mile.
Dive into Austin’s scandalous past and modern mysteries with this after dark walking tour through the historic downtown district. Wander Austin’s historic streets with your Twisted Texas local guide drawing attention to easily missed key landmarks, all while weaving tales of the crime, corruption, and political scandal that brought our city to the weird reputation it enjoys today.
Stop at 3 unique local cocktail bars along the walk for 3 included boozy beverages. When you want to discover Austin like a local, having a drink in your hand is always a good start!
More Things Ya Better Know about our Scandalous Austin Walking Tour:
- Tours sell out, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- This tour is not BYOB, as open containers are not permitted on the streets.
- We cover approximately 1 mile of walking, with plenty of stops along the route.
- If we don’t have 6 party people on our public tours, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
For public tours, full refunds will be given up to 24 hours before the start of tour.
For private tours, full refunds will be given up to 7 days prior to the tour date. After that time, your tour will be refunded only as reusable travel credits. Tours cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the tour start time will receive no refunds of any kind.
Our tour of 19 girls in town for a bachelorette had the best time on the Austin Live Music Tour! Our host was amazing and made sure we had a... read more
I highly recommend that everyone do this tour! We had GG Google as our tour guide and Vagabond Band as our band, and they were amazing!! The entire experience was... read more
Other Awesome Options:
Austin Brunch Walk
Making Mornings Better 365 Days a Year
Let’s spend a few hours wandering through South Austin while tasting the area’s best breakfast & lunch specialties.
- Full brunch served up along the way!
- Snag awesome food porn & cityscape pics
- Perfect for birthdays, staycations, & bach parties
2.5 hours | Daily | Public & Private Options
Fredericksburg Walking Tour
Hidden History + Foodie Finds
Taste your way through an exciting discovery of historic Fredericksburg’s German roots, pioneer struggles, and modern day renaissance.
- Enjoy food + drink tastings
- See many key historic attractions
- Discover fascinating history & local lore
3 hours | Thurs. – Sun. | Public & Private Options
In Fine Spirits: Texas Distillery Tour
Because Booze. Experience the best of the Texas Hill Country's BBQ, distilleries, and craft beer.
- Get out of town to the beautiful Texas Hill Country
- BBQ lunch + fixins’ included
- Behind-the-scenes tour at a Texas distillery
6 hours | 11:00am Daily | Private Tours Only