Why the Way Out Austin Food Tour is a Can’t Miss:
- The wildest food tour in town that serves up Austin’s best dishes AND Instagram-worthy photo-ops!
- Samplings at FOUR of Austin’s best restaurants & famed food trucks
- We mix it up with unique brunch & lunch items
- Learn how BBQ came to the Lone Star State as well as secret cooking techniques on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour by the pitmaster himself! (Pitmaster tour available only on morning tours)
- Enjoy an included boozy beverage along the way
- Pose in front of an iconic Austin street art mural
- Many vendors are BYOB, so you’re welcome to bring along your own beverages
- Stroll across Lady Bird Lake for some awesome photos of the downtown skyline
- Free swag! Everyone can rock out with a pair of sweet Twisted Texas shades + a custom beer koozie
Timing: 3.5 hours, 10:00am & 2:30pm start times available daily
Start/End: We pick you up! Free door-to-door service anywhere in the Central Austin area. Additional locations available for a charge.
Pricing: Varies by group size, click ‘Book My Tour’ and enter the number of guests in your group to get an instant quote.
Online booking available for groups of 2 – 14 guests. Please fill out an online request HERE or call 512.999.8687 for larger parties.
Our Way Out Austin Food Tour is the only way to eat your way through Austin. Your Twisted guide serves up funky trivia and local lore as we cruise around town to four different restaurants and food trucks. Eat to your heart’s content with samplings of our city’s best BBQ, Tex-Mex, brunch, adult beverages, and more! Food is included + one alcoholic beverage for one very big, delicious meal!
This private food tour is one of our most popular itineraries for bachelorette parties and adult birthday parties. But whatever you’re celebrating, even if it’s just being awesome, if you love to experience new food and new restaurants you will love this tour.
Special dietary concerns or allergies? We do our best to accommodate food needs whenever possible. Learn more here.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet entertaining local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to.
- BYOB vehicle. Ice chest and ice provided for all of your beverages.
- Contact-free gratuity options: include gratuities when booking or tip day-of through Venmo or Cash app. (Gratuities are not included in the price, but are greatly appreciated by our team.)
- Complimentary concierge service: we’re happy to provide restaurant, activity, and nightlife recommendations to our guests as you plan your time in Austin.
Cancellation & Refund Options:
- Standard Cancellation Policy: 25% of the total tour price is non-refundable. This allows us to pay our hardworking team and reserve space with our vendors, many which we pay in advance. Thank you for your understanding. Tours cancelled more than 48 hours from the tour start receive a 75% refund. Tours cancelled within 48 hours from the tour start are 100% non-refundable.
- Want more flexibility? We got you. Add travel insurance at time of booking for the flexibility to cancel your tour up to 24 hours before the tour start for a full refund, minus insurance cost, no questions asked. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start are non-refundable, with or without insurance.
- The above policies apply if you cancel a tour for any reason. Twisted Texas Tour is not responsible for flight cancellations, illness, weather in your hometown or ours, hangovers, etc. Please protect your travel purchases, if not with us then with a full travel insurance policy.
- Tours cancelled by Twisted Texas Tour will result in a full refund.
So we did 3 stops. Food at Maria’s tacos was amazing. Drink was very weak and not all that good. Tasted watered down to me. But not horrible ... Lucy’s... read more
July 9, 2018
Amber Pennybacker was an amazing host! She was very upbeat, funny, and knowledgeable about other places to visit outside of the tour! The band on board was equally amazing! A... read more
February 4, 2020
My daughter and I attended this tour last weekend for her belated birthday—band was excellent and we really enjoyed Tex. Only criticism: for the price, standing in a... read more
May 28, 2019
Other Awesome Options:
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- First round of beer on us at every brewery
- Enjoy a meal included from a local food truck
3.5 hours | 3:00pm Fri - Sat
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live music on board. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live music on board your ride
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
Public & Private Tours Available
Weird Austin City Tour
Discover how Austin is “Keepin’ it Weird” on this very un-traditional city tour. Experience our city’s weird culture, scandalous secrets, and insider tips as we show-off all that the Capital City has to offer.
- Musician riding shotgun adds musical flare
- Walking tour across Lady Bird Lake
- See all of Austin's bucket-list attractions!
Public & Private Tours Available