The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why the Weird Austin City Tour is a can’t miss:
- 2.5 hours jam-packed with Austin’s weird local lore, memorable residents, and hidden secrets
- Local musician adds a little groove to this very un-traditional city tour
- Snag Instagrammable pics at our favorite graffiti street art stops
- See tons of Austin’s favorite attractions: Sixth Street, Capitol Building, Lady Bird Lake, South Congress, University of Texas, the East Side, plus lots of our favorite bars, restaurants, and live music venues
- Visit Austin’s famous food trucks for a local specialty, on us!
- Short walking tour across Lady Bird Lake for amazing Austin skyline photo ops (optional)
- Prizes, trivia games, and lots of ruckus raising.
- Tour may contain adult humor and risque language…you have been warned. We recommend this tour for ages 13+.
Timing: 2.5 hours, available anytime (although we strongly encourage avoiding rush hour!)
Location: Free pick-up/drop-off anywhere in the Central Austin area, other locations available for extra charge
Monies: Starting at $39 per person, use the booking calendar for pricing for your group
If our private tour options do not fit into your travel plans, we encourage you to consider the public tour option. These experiences tend to be a “the more the merrier” affair, with the energy levels being a lot higher with a full crowd. So others on board, even if they’re strangers, often add to the fun!
How did Austin get its “weird” reputation? Why is Willie Nelson worshiped like a god king? What’s the deal with all the bats? Why are locals getting into bar fights over the best breakfast taco?
Find out all these answers and more…even if some of it may shock you…on our Weird Austin City Tour.
Here at Twisted Texas we trolled the archives, pestered locals, and maybe even did a little dumpster diving to know all the weird and wild tales of Austin. And now we want to share them with you. Your Twisted guide will show you the best of everything Austin has to offer: live music, food trucks, weird people, and oh so much more.
As an added bonus, we have a local musician riding shotgun to strum up some singalong classics and a few original tunes. So if you’re ready to do a little dance and make a little love to this incredible Texas city…this is the ride for you.
We make lots of killer stops along the way, with chances to sample local foods and have a snack (on us!), take a stroll across Lady Bird Lake, and snap cool photos of local murals and the downtown skyline.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet entertaining local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to.
- BYOB vehicle. We provide an ice chest and ice for any beverages you’d like to bring along for the ride.
- Contact-free gratuity options: include gratuities when booking or tip day-of through Venmo or Cash app. (Gratuities are not included in the price, but are greatly appreciated by our team.)
- Complimentary concierge service: we’re happy to provide restaurant, activity, and nightlife recommendations to our guests as you plan your time in Austin.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Weird Austin City Tour:
- Private tour space is limited, we recommend booking early!
- Small groups (up to 13 guests) take place in a luxe van, larger groups roll out in our Twisted bus that seats up to 36 party peeps.
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- BYOB, no hard liquor. Coolers gotta be six-pack sized to fit under your seat. You can buy one during your booking, if you are in need.
- See our FAQ for information on what is and is not welcome onboard.
Cancellation & Refund Options:
- Standard Cancellation Policy: 25% of the total tour price is non-refundable. This allows us to pay our hardworking team and reserve space with our vendors, many which we pay in advance. Thank you for your understanding. Tours cancelled more than 48 hours from the tour start receive a 75% refund. Tours cancelled within 48 hours from the tour start are 100% non-refundable.
- Want more flexibility? We got you. Add travel insurance at time of booking for the flexibility to cancel your tour up to 24 hours before the tour start for a full refund, minus insurance cost, no questions asked. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start are non-refundable, with or without insurance.
- The above policies apply if you cancel a tour for any reason. Twisted Texas Tour is not responsible for flight cancellations, illness, weather in your hometown or ours, hangovers, etc. Please protect your travel purchases, if not with us then with a full travel insurance policy.
- Tours cancelled by Twisted Texas Tour will result in a full refund.
This a really fun to tour to go on if your ever in the Austin area! This weird and quirky tour was a blast because of our tour guide Meagan.... read more
April 21, 2021
Pippy Pan & Little Willy were awesome ! Loves the humor, history and music. Your included street vendor food from popular barbecue food truck. It was a nice surprise and... read more
May 2, 2021
Bachelorette party of 17- the band was unreal, the host was super engaging.. they took absolute care of us! Very please had an exceptional time. Only thing I would... read more
August 21, 2019
Other Awesome Options:
The Brunch Bus
Brunch. The one thing that can drag every sleepy (and possibly hungover) soul out of bed. You've never brunched like this before!
- Live band on board the bus
- 3 brunch stops = 1 big brunch
- Adult beverage provided at each stop
Private Tours Available Daily
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- First round of craft beer on us at every brewery
- Food included from a local food truck
Private Tours Available Daily
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live music on board. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live music onboard your ride
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
Private Tours Available Daily