The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why the Weird Austin City Tour is a can’t miss:
- 2.5 hours jam-packed with Austin’s weird local lore, memorable residents, and hidden secrets
- Small group experience: no more than 13 guests in our Twisted luxe van
- Local musician adds a little groove to this very un-traditional city tour
- Snag Instagrammable pics at our favorite street art stops
- See tons of Austin’s favorite attractions: Sixth Street, Capitol Building, Lady Bird Lake, South Congress, University of Texas, the East Side, plus lots of our favorite bars, restaurants, and live music venues
- Visit one of Austin’s delicious bakeries for a local treat, on us!
- Short walking tour across Lady Bird Lake for amazing Austin skyline photo ops (optional)
- Prizes, trivia games, and lots of ruckus raising
- Tour may contain adult humor and risque language…you have been warned
Timing: 2.5 hours. Fridays & Saturdays, private tours available daily
Location: Austin Visitors Center (602 E. 4th Street)
Monies: Only $49 per person (*Price will increase to $59 per person effective January 1, 2023)
All riders gotta be 13+ on public tours, no exceptions, no babies.
How did Austin get its “weird” reputation? Why is Willie Nelson worshiped like a god king? What’s the deal with all the bats? Why are locals getting into bar fights over the best breakfast taco?
Find out all these answers and more…even if some of it may shock you…on our Weird Austin City Tour.
Here at Twisted Texas we trolled the archives, pestered locals, and maybe even did a little dumpster diving to know all the weird and wild tales of Austin. And now we want to share them with you. Your Twisted guide will show you the best of everything Austin has to offer: live music, food trucks, weird people, and oh so much more.
As an added bonus, we have a local musician riding shotgun to strum up some singalong classics and a few original tunes. So if you’re ready to do a little dance and make a little love to this incredible Texas city…this is the ride for you.
We make lots of killer stops along the way, including a local snack (on us!), a stroll across Lady Bird Lake, and plenty of cool photos of local murals and the downtown skyline.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Weird Austin City Tour:
- Tours fill up quick, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- BYOB van, no hard liquor. Coolers gotta be six-pack sized to fit under your seat. You can buy one during your booking, if you are in need.
- See our FAQ for information on what is and is not welcome onboard.
- If we don’t have 4 party people on board, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
- Interested in a private tour? Click here.
- Public Tour Cancellation Policy: Full refunds will be given for public tours up to 24 hours before the start of tour. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start date (or no shows) will not be refunded. Sorry about that. So control yourself on Sixth Street the night before and come ready for a good time!
We had an awesome time on the Saturday brunch bus tour and it truly was the highlight of our trip! Thank you for a great time! I definitely recommend anyone... read more
August 1, 2021
Lots of fun, well worth it! - Having such a short amount of time in Austin (24 hours) this tour provides the perfect way to squish fun, food, sightseeing, live music, and day drinking into a couple... read more
December 11, 2022
Other Awesome Options:
The Brunch Bus
Brunch. The one thing that can drag every sleepy (and possibly hungover) soul out of bed. You've never brunched like this before!
- Live band on board the bus
- 3 brunch stops = 1 big brunch
- Adult beverage provided at each stop
3 hours | 11:00am Fri, 10:00am & 11:00am Sat, 10:00am Sun
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- First round of beer on us at every brewery
- Enjoy a meal included from a local food truck
3.5 hours | 3:00pm Fri - Sat
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live music on board. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live music on board your ride
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
Private Tours Available