The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why the Weird Austin City Tour is a can’t miss:
- 2.5 hours jam-packed with Austin’s weird local lore, memorable residents, and hidden secrets
- Local musician adds a little groove to this very un-traditional city tour
- Visit Austin’s famous food trucks for a local treat
- Short walking tour across Lady Bird Lake for amazing Austin skyline photo opportunities (optional)
- See tons of Austin’s favorite attractions: Sixth Street, Capitol Building, Lady Bird Lake, South Congress, University of Texas, the East Side, plus lots of our favorite bars, restaurants, and live music venues
- BYOB bus — with the opportunity to buy beverages along the way!
- Prizes, trivia games, and lots of ruckus raising.
- Tour may contain adult humor and risque language…you have been warned.
Timing: 2.5 hours, tour departs at 10:00am Fri – Sun. Please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in.
Location: Austin Visitors Center (602 E. 4th Street)
Monies: $39 per person
All riders must be 13+, no exceptions, no babies. If you are traveling with youth, you can book this experience as a private tour, then all ages are welcome!
How did Austin get its “weird” reputation? Why is Willie Nelson worshipped like a god king? What’s the deal with all the bats? Why are locals getting into bar fights over the best breakfast taco?
Find out all these answers and more…even if some of it may shock you…on our Weird Austin City Tour.
Here at Twisted Texas we trolled the archives, pestered locals, and maybe even did a little dumpster diving to know all the weird and wild tales of Austin. And now we want to share them with you. Your Twisted guide will show you the best of everything Austin has to offer: live music, food trucks, weird people, and oh so much more.
As an added bonus, we have a local musician riding shotgun to strum up some singalong classics and a few original tunes. So if you’re ready to do a little dance and make a little love to this incredible Texas city…this is the ride for you.
We make three badass stops along the way, with chances to sample local foods, have a sweet treat (on us!), buy local craft beers, and snap cool photos of local street art and the downtown skyline.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Live Music Experience:
- Tours fill up quick, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- Coolers gotta be six-pack sized to fit under your seat. You can buy one during your booking, if you are in need.
- See our FAQ for more information on what is and is not allowed onboard.
- If we don’t have 6 party people on board, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
- Cancellations: Full refunds will be given up to 24 hours before the start of tour. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start date (or no shows) will not be refunded. No exceptions. So control yourself on Sixth Street the night before and come ready for a good time!
I give this a high rating for the services they provide on the tour. The Guide was wonderful very detailed of the sites we visited on our city tour. It was wonderful and I had a great time. We listened to great live bands while...More
This was a fun way to get to some different breweries I would have never visited on my short trip. And the band on the bus was so much fun! They really kept us entertained. Especially since I was a solo rider. But everyone was...More