The Quick & Dirty Facts:
Why the Weird Austin City Tour is a can’t miss:
- 2.5 hours jam-packed with Austin’s weird local lore, memorable residents, and hidden secrets
- Small group experience: no more than 13 guests in our Twisted luxe van named Winston
- Local musician adds a little groove to this very un-traditional city tour
- Snag Instagrammable pics at our favorite graffiti street art stops
- See tons of Austin’s favorite attractions: Sixth Street, Capitol Building, Lady Bird Lake, South Congress, University of Texas, the East Side, plus lots of our favorite bars, restaurants, and live music venues
- Visit Austin’s famous food trucks for a local specialty, on us!
- Short walking tour across Lady Bird Lake for amazing Austin skyline photo ops (optional)
- Prizes, trivia games, and lots of ruckus raising.
- Tour may contain adult humor and risque language…you have been warned.
Timing: 2.5 hours, 10:00am & 2:00pm Friday & Saturday. Private tours available daily
Location: Austin Visitors Center (602 E. 4th Street)
Monies: $49 per person, or only $499 for your private tour for up to 13 guests
All riders gotta be 13+ on public tours, no exceptions, no babies. Private tours are open to all ages.
How did Austin get its “weird” reputation? Why is Willie Nelson worshiped like a god king? What’s the deal with all the bats? Why are locals getting into bar fights over the best breakfast taco?
Find out all these answers and more…even if some of it may shock you…on our Weird Austin City Tour.
Here at Twisted Texas we trolled the archives, pestered locals, and maybe even did a little dumpster diving to know all the weird and wild tales of Austin. And now we want to share them with you. Your Twisted guide will show you the best of everything Austin has to offer: live music, food trucks, weird people, and oh so much more.
As an added bonus, we have a local musician riding shotgun to strum up some singalong classics and a few original tunes. So if you’re ready to do a little dance and make a little love to this incredible Texas city…this is the ride for you.
We make lots of killer stops along the way, with chances to sample local foods and have a snack (on us!), take a stroll across Lady Bird Lake, and snap cool photos of local murals and the downtown skyline.
More Things Ya Better Know about our Weird Austin City Tour:
- Tours fill up quick, so if you’re rolling with a group we recommend booking early!
- Confirmation emails will receive a link to sign our liability waiver. Each member of your party needs to sign the waiver.
- BYOB van, no hard liquor. Coolers gotta be six-pack sized to fit under your seat. You can buy one during your booking, if you are in need.
- See our FAQ for information on what is and is not welcome onboard.
- If we don’t have 4 party people on board, we will regretfully cancel the tour. It’s rare, but if it happens we will notify you the day prior to your tour.
- Interested in a private tour? Click here.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refunds will be given for public tours up to 24 hours before the start of tour. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start date (or no shows) will not be refunded. Private tours receive a 50% refund when cancelled more than 48 hours from the tour start time. Sorry about that. So control yourself on Sixth Street the night before and come ready for a good time!
Had a great morning touring Austin with Pippi and Little Willy. Saw all the top sights downtown including 6th Ave, South Congress, food truck trailer park (with a delicious chalupa... read more
We booked this for a Bachelorette party and it was one of the highlights of the trip! The music is great, you get a lot of beer at each location... read more
Hopped on The Brunch Bus with a few friends and really didn't know what to expect. We ended up having the best time! The band on the bus was Samantha... read more
Other Awesome Options:
The Brunch Bus
11:00am Friday & Saturday, 10:00am Sunday: 3 hours, includes full brunch with adult beverages
Brunch. The one thing that can drag every sleepy (and possibly hungover) soul out of bed. Discover 3 of Austin’s best brunch spots with food, adult beverages, and live music included along the way.
The Brew Bus
3:00pm Friday & Saturday: 3 hours, includes lots of local craft beer and brewery tour by a brewing expert
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!