Why our Texas BBQ Tours are a Can’t Miss:
- Explore the BBQ Capital of the World
- Learn secret BBQ techniques from an authentic pitmaster
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the BBQ smokehouse
- BBQ feast included: try the best of the best at FOUR different Texas BBQ joints
- Option to add-on a visit to a local craft brewery
- Free swag! Everyone can rock out with a pair of sweet Twisted Texas shades + a custom beer koozie
Timing: Available daily at 10:00am (Lockhart, 4 hour tour), 10:30am (Austin, 3 hour tour)
Start/End: We pick you up! Free door-to-door service anywhere in the Central Austin area. Additional locations available for a charge.
Pricing: Varies by group size, click ‘Book My Tour’ and enter the number of guests in your group to get an instant quote.
Online booking available for groups of 2 – 14 guests. Please fill out an online request HERE or call 512.999.8687 for larger parties.
Here at Twisted Texas, we believe Texas BBQ is worthy of not just one, but TWO incredible itineraries for your group to choose from! Both include all the BBQ you can handle and are a food experience your stomachs will thank you for.
Option A: Austin BBQ Scene (available Wednesday – Sunday)
Austin BBQ pitmasters have taken their job for reals in recent years, not only smoking the best meats around but also finding a thousand wicked ways to eat the delicious meat of the gods. Your Twisted guide will show-off all our favorites: tacos, kolaches, sandwiches, or just served straight up! This Texas BBQ tour experience will showcase our city’s best BBQ and our favorite ways to eat it with the foods we love. Tour includes a behind-the-scenes smokehouse tour with a local pitmaster.
Start times for the Austin tour may vary depending on restaurant availability. Typically we start at 10:30am, but you will receive a final time confirmation after booking.
Option B: Destination Lockhart, Texas (available Sunday – Friday)
Let’s get the heck out of Dodge! Travel 30 minutes outside of Austin to the charming town of Lockhart, Texas, self-proclaimed “BBQ Capital of the World”. Your Twisted guide will help you beat the crowds, and the lines, that so often go along with eating Texas BBQ. Visit 3 different Lockhart joints, most of which have been smoking Texas BBQ for generations. We then head back into Austin for one last stop. Go behind-the-scenes at an authentic Texas BBQ joint with an exclusive private tour by the pitmaster himself! Learn how BBQ is prepared and smoked in the Lone Star State…if you can handle the heat! We end the tour with a sweet treat, which your stomach will welcome as the perfect end to the perfect foodie adventure.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet entertaining local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to.
- BBQ included. Lots of it.
- BYOB vehicle. We provide an ice chest and ice for any beverages you’d like to bring along for the ride.
- Contact-free gratuity options: include gratuities when booking or tip day-of through Venmo or Cash app. (Gratuities are not included in the price, but are greatly appreciated by our team.)
- Complimentary concierge service: we’re happy to provide restaurant, activity, and nightlife recommendations to our guests as you plan your time in Austin.
Cancellation & Refund Options:
- Standard Cancellation Policy: 25% of the total tour price is non-refundable. This allows us to pay our hardworking team and reserve space with our vendors, many which we pay in advance. Thank you for your understanding. Tours cancelled more than 48 hours from the tour start receive a 75% refund. Tours cancelled within 48 hours from the tour start are 100% non-refundable.
- Want more flexibility? We got you. Add travel insurance at time of booking for the flexibility to cancel your tour up to 24 hours before the tour start for a full refund, minus insurance cost, no questions asked. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the tour start are non-refundable, with or without insurance.
- The above policies apply if you cancel a tour for any reason. Twisted Texas Tour is not responsible for flight cancellations, illness, weather in your hometown or ours, hangovers, etc. Please protect your travel purchases, if not with us then with a full travel insurance policy.
- Tours cancelled by Twisted Texas Tour will result in a full refund.
My best friends and I had an absolutely amazing time on the Brunch Bus with tour guide Tex!!! He was so funny and interactive!!! The band was amazing and played... read more
Our group of 6 more mature adults took the Brunch tour on Sunday, March 31. Perfect timing for us cause it was a cold day in Austin. Calvin... read more
Other Awesome Options:
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- Try seasonal releases & small batch brews
- First round of beer on us at every brewery
3 hours | 3:00pm Fri - Sat
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live music on board. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live music on board your ride
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
Public & Private Tours Available
Weird Austin City Tour
Discover how Austin is “Keepin’ it Weird” on this very un-traditional city tour. Experience our city’s weird culture, scandalous secrets, and insider tips as we show-off all that the Capital City has to offer.
- Musician riding shotgun adds musical flare
- Walking tour across Lady Bird Lake
- See all of Austin's bucket-list attractions!
Public & Private Tours Available