Why our Texas BBQ Tours are a Can’t Miss:
- Explore the BBQ Capital of the World
- Learn secret BBQ techniques from an authentic pitmaster
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the BBQ smokehouse
- BBQ feast included: try the best of the best at FOUR different Texas BBQ joints
- Option to add-on a visit to a local craft brewery
- Free swag! Everyone can rock out with a pair of sweet Twisted Texas shades + a custom beer koozie
Timing: 4 hours, available daily at 10:00am (Lockhart), 10:30am (Austin)
Start/End: We pick you up! Free door-to-door service anywhere in the Central Austin area. Additional locations available for a charge.
Pricing: Varies by group size, click ‘Book My Tour’ and enter the number of guests in your group to get an instant quote.
Online booking available for groups of 2 – 14 guests. Please fill out an online request HERE or call 512.999.8687 for larger parties.
Here at Twisted Texas, we believe Texas BBQ is worthy of not just one, but TWO incredible itineraries for your group to choose from! Both include all the BBQ you can handle and are a food experience your stomachs will thank you for.
Option A: Austin BBQ Scene (available Wednesday – Sunday)
Austin BBQ pitmasters have taken their job for reals in recent years, not only smoking the best meats around but also finding a thousand wicked ways to eat the delicious meat of the gods. Your Twisted guide will show-off all our favorites: tacos, kolaches, sandwiches, or just served straight up! This Texas BBQ tour experience will showcase our city’s best BBQ and our favorite ways to eat it with the foods we love. Tour includes a behind-the-scenes smokehouse tour with a local pitmaster.
Start times for the Austin tour may vary depending on restaurant availability. Typically we start at 10:30am, but you will receive a final time confirmation after booking.
Option B: Destination Lockhart, Texas (available Sunday – Friday)
Let’s get the heck out of Dodge! Travel 30 minutes outside of Austin to the charming town of Lockhart, Texas, self-proclaimed “BBQ Capital of the World”. Your Twisted guide will help you beat the crowds, and the lines, that so often go along with eating Texas BBQ. Visit 3 different Lockhart joints, most of which have been smoking Texas BBQ for generations. We then head back into Austin for one last stop. Go behind-the-scenes at an authentic Texas BBQ joint with an exclusive private tour by the pitmaster himself! Learn how BBQ is prepared and smoked in the Lone Star State…if you can handle the heat! We end the tour with a sweet treat, which your stomach will welcome as the perfect end to the perfect foodie adventure.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet entertaining local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to.
- BBQ included. Lots of it.
- Chilled waters provided, but you are welcome to BYOB adult beverages. We get you home safe! Cooler and ice chest provided upon request.
- Contact-free gratuity options: include gratuities when booking or tip day-of through Venmo or Cash app. (Gratuities are not included in the price, but are greatly appreciated by our team.)
- Complimentary concierge service: we’re happy to provide restaurant, activity, and nightlife recommendations to our guests as you plan your time in Austin.
Flex Cancellation & Refunds:
- 50% of your tour price is considered a non-refundable deposit and will not be refunded in the event of a change or cancellation by you for any reason. Special Note: For tour dates until May 31, 2021, we will offer travel credit in the full amount of your deposit for tours cancelled more than 7 days from the tour date.
- Tours cancelled more than 48 hours from the tour start time/date will receive a 50% refund.
- Tours cancelled within 48 hours from the tour start date are 100% non-refundable in any form.
- We are not able to offer any additional refunds outside of those listed above. We pay many of our vendors in advance, and our employees also depend on these wages to pay their bills. We recommend purchasing travel insurance that includes coronavirus coverage for possible reimbursements outside of our refund policies.
We did the brunch bus for my sisters bachelorette party! It was the perfect three hour tour to start off the morning with three different brunch spots and some food... read more
Great ambiance with a band on the bus, lots of fun people, amazing stops at great food venue- love the tacos plus drinks at each stop. What more could you... read more
I came to a bachelorette party for the weekend. I had no idea what a brew bus tour was or anything. I don’t drink so I was kinda worried at... read more
Other Awesome Options:
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- Try seasonal releases & small batch brews
- First round of beer on us at every brewery
3 hours | 3:00pm Fri - Sat
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live band on board the bus. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live band on board the bus
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
Public & Private Tours Available
Weird Austin City Tour
Discover how Austin is “Keepin’ it Weird” on this very un-traditional city tour. Experience our city’s weird culture, scandalous secrets, and insider tips as we show-off all that the Capital City has to offer.
- Musician riding shotgun adds musical flare
- Walking tour across Lady Bird Lake
- See all of Austin's bucket-list attractions!
Public & Private Tours Available