Why our Texas BBQ Tours are a Can’t Miss:
- Explore the BBQ Capital of the World
- Learn secret BBQ techniques from an authentic pitmaster
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the BBQ smokehouse
- BBQ feast included: try the best of the best at FOUR different Texas BBQ joints
- Option to add-on a visit to a local craft brewery
Timing: 4 hours, available daily at 10:00am
Start/End: We pick you up! Free door-to-door service anywhere in the Central Austin area. Additional locations available for a charge.
Pricing: Varies by group size, click ‘Book My Tour’ and enter the number of guests in your group to get an instant quote.
Online booking available for groups of 2 – 14 guests. Please fill out an online request HERE or call 512.999.8687 for larger parties.
Here at Twisted Texas, we believe Texas BBQ is worthy of not just one, but TWO incredible itineraries for your group to choose from! Both include all the BBQ you can handle and are a food experience your stomachs will thank you for.
Option A: Austin BBQ Scene (available Wednesday – Sunday)
Austin BBQ pitmasters have taken their job for reals in recent years, not only smoking the best meats around but also finding a thousand wicked ways to eat the delicious meat of the gods. Your Twisted guide will show-off all our favorites: tacos, kolaches, sandwiches, or just served straight up! This Texas BBQ tour experience will showcase our city’s best BBQ and our favorite ways to eat it with the foods we love. Tour includes a behind-the-scenes smokehouse tour with a local pitmaster.
Option B: Destination Lockhart, Texas (available Sunday – Friday)
Let’s get the heck out of Dodge! Travel 30 minutes outside of Austin to the charming town of Lockhart, Texas, self-proclaimed “BBQ Capital of the World”. Your Twisted guide will help you beat the crowds, and the lines, that so often go along with eating Texas BBQ. Visit 3 different Lockhart joints, most of which have been smoking Texas BBQ for generations. We then head back into Austin for one last stop. Go behind-the-scenes at an authentic Texas BBQ joint with an exclusive private tour by the pitmaster himself! Learn how BBQ is prepared and smoked in the Lone Star State…if you can handle the heat! We end the tour with a sweet treat, which your stomach will welcome as the perfect end to the perfect foodie adventure.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet wacky local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to
- Food included. Lots of it.
- Chilled waters provided, but you are welcome to BYOB adult beverages. We get you home safe! Cooler and ice chest provided upon request.
- Option to include gratuities when booking…no worrying about tipping while you’re having fun!
It was a lot of fun. We're from Austin but we got to try places we've never been. The band was fantastic as well!! If you're visiting or love here... read more
I did the Brew Bus tour and it was awesome. The tour guide and on bus band were friendly, funny, cool, and an overall good time. We hit three different... read more
Visiting friends in Austin and decided to do the Brunch Bus as we didn’t want to drive after enjoying some “adult beverages”. We were greeted by the Amazing Amber... read more
Other Awesome Options:
The Brew Bus
Don't miss out on Austin's craft beer boom! Spend your time at three of Austin's most badass breweries. Drink special/new releases, take a behind-the-scenes brewery tour, and party with our live band on board the bus!
- Austin's only brewery tour with a live band
- Try seasonal releases & small batch brews
- First round of beer on us at every brewery
3 hours | 3:00pm Fri - Sat
Live Music Experience
Three rocking live music venues. Live band on board the bus. Insider knowledge on the city’s music scene. All in 3 hours. YOLO.
- Three of our city's best local live music venues
- Live band on board the bus
- Insider's scoop on the local lore of Austin's live music scene
3 hours | 8:00pm Sat
Weird Austin City Tour
Discover how Austin is “Keepin’ it Weird” on this very un-traditional city tour. Experience our city’s weird culture, scandalous secrets, and insider tips as we show-off all that the Capital City has to offer.
- Musician riding shotgun adds musical flare
- Walking tour across Lady Bird Lake
- See all of Austin's bucket-list attractions!
2.5 hours | 10:00am & 2:00pm Fri & Sat